Get a NIE in Palma de Mallorca
If you are coming to Palma de Mallorca and want to buy a property, start a company, open a bank account or get a mobile phone contract, you are legally required to get a Spanish NIE. In this article, we will explain how to get a NIE in Palma de Mallorca but if you prefer our accountants in Palma can apply for and collect your Spanish NIE Number.
1) Make an appointment
You have to make an appointment online first before coming in person; otherwise, you will not be served. To do that, click on this link and choose “Acceder al Procedimiento” at the bottom.
• In PROVINCIAS DISPONIBLES choose Palma.
• In TRÁMITES DISPONIBLES PARA LA PROVINCIA SELECCIONADA choose Certificados UE (if you are from the European Union), or Expedicion de tarjeta de identidad de extranjero if you are from overseas:
Fill in your information:
- Choose PASAPORTE and enter your passport number below
- Nombre y apellidos = name and surname
- País de nacionalidad = your nationality
- In Caracteres enter what you see in the picture above
- Click Aceptar
2) Print the necessary the NIE forms
- TheSpanish NIE application and a tax form.
- Spanish NIE application
- Here is the NIE application form.
- Tax Form
- Here is the tax form
3) Go to a bank and pay the tax form.
After you pay the tax they will stamp your form. Keep this- you will need it later in your appointment!
4) Go to your appointment
Make sure you bring the following with you:
- Your Spanish NIE completed application
- Your paid tax form
- Your passport
- A copy of your appointment confirmation
- If you are an EU citizen, your national identity card
5) Collect your Spanish NIE card
After five days, go back to the Polígono de Levante and collect your card. You do not need an appointment for this.